Choosing a roof material can be challenging for many homeowners. There are many options from which to choose with a wide variety of materials, colors, styles, and price points. One popular roofing material among homeowners, builders, architects and more is slate. Slate is a very unique roofing material that is not commonly seen which is, in and of itself, appealing to many. But, beyond being unique, slate roofing also has many benefits when used as a roofing material. Below are the top 5 benefits of slate roofing.
Top 5 Benefits of Slate Roofing
- Time Tested
- You may not see slate roofs on every home on your street but slate roofing has been used for centuries! Slate roofing has been shown to be able to last over 100 years. So, when your slate roofing is installed correctly by an experienced professional it just may be the last roof you ever have to buy!
- Extremely Durable
- Slate is a natural stone that is quarried and used in different shapes and sizes as roofing material. Because it is naturally derived, it can withstand almost any weather condition without becoming damaged. While it is able to be broken into shingles or sheets to form roofing material, it is also naturally incredibly durable, mold resistant, mildew resistant, and more so it will provide very good protection to your home.
- Fire Resistant
- Slate is an incredibly fire resistant material. It is the ideal addition to a home as a roofing material because it naturally protects the home by being fire resistant. Enhance your home’s safety and reduce the risk of a home fire by installing slate roofing.
- Add Value to Your Home
- While the installation of any new roofing material instantly adds value to your home, installing slate adds tremendous value. While other roofing materials may only be able to protect your home for 20-30 years before needing to be replaced, slate can last decades and is very durable and fire resistant so it is naturally a more valuable roofing material and thus more significantly enhances your home’s value.
- Aesthetic Appeal
- Any time natural materials are used in construction it not only adds more value but much more aesthetic appeal. There are a wide variety of natural colors and patterns in slate and so your home will look completely unique and high end.